Best French Toast Ever
Is your french toast lackluster, boring, or even worse… forgettable? Fear not, for I have a solution.
“Is she going to say creamer again?”
I made a small batch using Irish cream in lieu of milk for a guest the other day. The guest was one of those military kids who never really learned to chew their food, so I was flattered that they actually tasted it. There was whining about having no maple syrup, but that was squelched by reminding them that it had been used for faple candy just hours before.
The lesson here is to have some reserves when entertaining/showing off your packet savvy. I guess.
Best French Toast Ever (makes 1 serving)
2 slices of bread
6 flavored or regular creamers (non-dairy or dairy are both fine)
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and beat until yolk and white are throughly mixed
- Empty creamers into a shallow bowl
- Lay a slice of bread in the creamer for 10-15 seconds on each side, just enough to get it wet but not soggy
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture for 10-15 seconds on each side
- In a greased frying pan, toast the bread until both sides are your desires shade of golden brown
- Serve with powdered sugar (a few packets of sugar zapped in the Magic Bullet) or a drizzling of maple syrup
The taste of the creamer isn’t overpowering, but definitely noticeable if the toast isn’t drowned in syrup.
No picture today… the USB port in the camera decided to break off of the circuit board and deny photo retrieval. It looks like French toast, use your imagination.